The Honorable Supreme Court of India appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) on Wednesday took cognizance of the developments in the ball tampering incident involving Cricket Australia contracted cricketers – Cameron Bancroft,Steve Smith and David Warner .
The CoA, in consultation with BCCI Acting President Mr CK Khanna, IPL Chairman Mr Rajeev Shukla and BCCI Acting Hon. Secretary Mr Amitabh Choudhary, has decided to ban Steve Smith and David Warner from participation in IPL 2018 . The BCCI hopes that cricketers participating in IPL hold regard for Spirit of Cricket and Code of Conduct .
With just a few days to go for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018 season, Rajasthan Royals Head of Cricket Zubin Bharucha has said that the team will not miss Steve Smith as a batsman but his “stature as a player” will be missed. While Heinrich Klaasen has replaced Smith in the Rajasthan squad, Bharucha said that they have a lot many other quality Indian batsmen that can get the job done. This punishment was for their involvements in the ball-tampering scandal during the third Test against South Africa last week . “Obviously we miss stature of a player like Smith and the quality he brings . So, strategically there has been no change,” Bharucha said.
“When we go to auction, we always look for backups. There are certain players like all-rounders, who you don’t have many, that person you will miss. Apart from this we have dozens of a quality batsman in India. So we will not miss anybody,” Bharucha added.
So we will not be seeing two Australian Greats in this season of IPL courtesy to Ball Tampering Scandal.